By Victoria Emma Pagán
- Tacitus is among the most crucial Roman historians of his time, in addition to an excellent literary stylist, whose paintings is characterised by means of his philosophy of human nature
- Encourages interdisciplinary dialogue meant to interact students past Classics together with philosophy, cultural stories, political technological know-how, and literature
- Showcases new theoretical ways that increase our realizing of this advanced author
- Clarifies and explains the notoriously tricky language of Tacitus
- Written and designed to organize a brand new new release of students to envision for themselves the richness of Tacitean thought
- Includes contributions from a large diversity of verified foreign students and emerging stars within the field
Read Online or Download A Companion to Tacitus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best historical studies books
Whilst political geography adjustments, how do reorganized or newly shaped states justify their rule and create a feeling of shared heritage for his or her humans? usually, the essays in Selective Remembrances display, they flip to archaeology, utilizing the sector and its findings to boost nationalistic emotions and forge valid precise nationwide identities.
This booklet maps and analyses the altering kingdom of reminiscence initially of the twenty-first century in essays written via scientists, students and writers. It recontextualises reminiscence through investigating the influence of latest stipulations equivalent to the electronic revolution, weather switch and an growing old inhabitants on our global.
Hasta hace poco determinante para l. a. afirmación de una ciencia histórica española autónoma, los angeles influencia de l. a. historiografía francesa ha retrocedido de manera progresiva hasta parecer, a veces, secundaria. l. a. presente obra recoge las contribuciones de historiadores franceses y españoles que han reflexionado conjuntamente sobre los angeles significación de esta impronta francesa.
This ebook argues that hesitation as a creative and spectatorial method connects numerous display media texts produced in post-war Romania. The chapters draw a historic connection among motion pictures made throughout the country socialist many years, televised declares of the 1989 Romanian revolution, and movies of the hot Romanian cinema.
- Disciplining the Holocaust (SUNY series, Insinuations: Philosophy, Psychoanalysis, Literature)
- A Sphinx on the American Land: The Nineteenth-Century South in Comparative Perspective (Walter Lynwood Fleming Lectures in Southern History)
- Sartre, Foucault, and Historical Reason, Volume Two: A Poststructuralist Mapping of History: Volume 2
- Key Issues in Historical Theory
Extra resources for A Companion to Tacitus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)